Sunday, January 23, 2011

FOR EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE LOST

Dear Brothers and Sisters:  I give this poem freely to all.  It can be put to music if God wills.  It is for all who suffer today, laying down your lives to follow Christ.  For those in pain, or those who have a loss they are facing, with the hurt that involves.  It is a poem that is for you who have sadness, and know what it means to lose precious things for the sake of Christ.  May He comfort you today by His Spirit.

FOR EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE LOST
A. Brother

For everything that I have lost
I do my grieving at the cross
My heart is full of joy in pain
My tears in trial are like the rain

These tears of grief will dry and stop
And love will grow up where they drop
What springs to life will be God’s best
His finest flowers, His glorious rest

I offer grateful thanks, my Lord, for all you give
 for laying down your life for me so I might live
You gave all that you had and didn’t count the cost
So now I give you special praise for what I’ve lost

I’ve lost the need to live in sorrow and in shame
I’ve lost my pain and guilt and now I wear Your Name
My heart is full of joy for every precious trial
For growth in Christ that comes with every hard-won mile

I’ve lost the drive to have just what I think I need
But rather want the fruit of love to be the seed
That grows a garden full of life and makes me whole
A refuge I can share with every wand’ring soul

There is no condemnation for the one in Him
Yes, He is now the Way for us to conquer sin
We must not count the cost but follow close behind
For us to die is gain, by losing all, we find

For everything that I have lost
I do my grieving at the cross
My heart is full of joy in pain
My tears in trial are like the rain

These tears of grief will dry and stop
And love will grow up where they drop
What springs to life will be God’s best
His finest flowers, His glorious rest

Source:
The Narrow Gate: http://narrowgatepub.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please give me your honest response.

Featured Post

ORNAMENTAL RELIGION MAKES GOD A LAUGHINGSTOCK.

To order your downloadable ebook "Even the Devils Have Religion", the first published collection of the messages of A. Brother,...