Saturday, June 26, 2010

IT IS GOD, NOT ME

IT IS GOD, NOT ME
A. Brother
©2009 Narrowgate Publlishing

            “Ignoring what they said, Jesus told the synagogue ruler, ‘Don’t be afraid; just believe.’”  --Mark 5:36

            “Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!”  --Luke 1:45

            “I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in Me will do what I have been doing.  He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to My Father.”  --John 14:12

            “But He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.’”  --2 Cor. 12:9

            It is God’s power that counts, not our ability.
          It is God’s grace that accomplishes His will in our lives, not our own strength.
          It is not what the world says that matters, but our faith.
          It is only when we truly believe in Jesus’ Word to us that we can do what He is doing.
          The Scriptures have a central theme:  It is God, not us.
          It is God’s work, not ours.
         
          Our “work” is to have faith that is True Faith.  Saving faith.  To count His grace sufficient for us.  To believe that, no matter how our plans and goals turn out, God is accomplishing His purposes.
          I’ve been faithful at times, and I’ve been a fool at times.
          The fool thinks that his own plans and efforts are what count.  The faith-filled man counts on God to reveal His plans.
          The Bible emphasizes that man only becomes wise when He understands and knows God and His purposes.  That wisdom begins by grasping how little we know, and how weak and helpless we are without God.  Grasping that we have absolutely no control over our own lives, no matter what we think.

          “Since no man knows the future, who can tell him what is to come?”  --Eccl. 8:7

          This way of thinking flies in the face of modern, worldly thinking.
          Many of those who claim to know God have bought into this way of thinking—that our efforts are what make the difference.  Endless encouraging slogans tell us to work harder, never give up, achieve our goals and dreams, fight for what we want.
          But God’s plans and goals are about who we are, not what we’re doing with our plans and goals!
          I’ve always thought, and was always taught, that our goals must revolve around worldly achievement.  What job I had, or what house I bought, or what things I could provide, or how accomplished I was at various tasks and skills.

          Brothers and sisters, God cares how I live, about my faith and love for Him, and my love for others around me.
          Whether I ever achieve any humanly significant goals is irrelevant to God.  It is whether Christ lives through me that counts.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please give me your honest response.

LATEST NEWS

A. BROTHER'S FIRST BOOK RELEASED. "EVEN THE DEVILS HAVE RELIGION". 100 Collected Prophetic Words from A. Brother.

For the first time, A. Brother's messages are being compiled in a series of books.  These will be released periodically over the coming ...